Advent Countdown 5 Week Childrens Curriculum
Waiting For Christmas! This series uses readings from the Revised Common Lectionary for November 28 - December 26, 2021 to help explain the significance of the Christmas season.
Advent Countdown Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them.” Luke 1:68 (NIV)
Jeremiah 33:14-16 A Savior Is Coming
For many centuries, the Israelites lived in hope that one day God would send them a Savior. As we wait for Christmas, we wait in hope that Jesus is coming.
Objective: Kids will learn that advent is a season of hope.
Malachi 3:1-4, John 3:16-17, God So Loved the World…
Why would God send us a Savior? We are sinners who ruined His creation. God sent Jesus because He loves us. Jesus came to wash our sins away and give us a way to experience eternal life.
Objective: Kids will learn that Advent is a reminder that God loves them.
Zephaniah 3:14-20 Joy for Israel, Matthew 2:10-11, The Magi are Filled with Joy
The birth of a baby is always cause for joy. It is especially joyful when that baby is the Son of God. We wait for Christmas with joy knowing our Savior is coming.
Objective: Kids will learn that Advent reminds us of the joy Jesus gives us.
Micah 5:2-5a, Luke 2:8-15, Peace on Earth
If there’s one thing the world seems to always be waiting for, it’s peace. But it seems like no matter what we do, there is always conflict. Jesus can give us real peace. Peace of mind, and peace in our hearts.
Objective: Kids will learn that Advent reminds us that Jesus can give us peace.
Luke 2:41-52, The Boy Jesus At The Temple
Jesus is the gift the world waited a long time to receive. He is the Messiah. He is God’s Son who came to save us from our sins. But he was also completely human and he grew up just like each child hearing this lesson. We can celebrate on Christmas that we have a God who loved us so much, he would leave heaven and come to earth to save us.
Objective: Kids will learn Jesus is God’s gift to the world.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here